Sunday, July 22, 2007

"The Complete Idiot's Guide to Slayer" cited on Wikipedia

Every once in a while it's fun to google your name and see what comes up. Yesterday I did just that for the first time in months, and found this little surprise:

A Wikipedia noticeboard on "reliable sources" was re-posted on a site called Thinking Australia. The first issue of debate on the noticeboard is whether citing my reference to the backwards "join us" chanting in Slayer's "Hell Awaits," as written in my "Idiot's Guide" on jefitoblog.com, in Wikipedia's Backmasking article was appropriate under Wikipedia's guidelines. The debate was whether a weblog is a "reliable source," no matter how "well-written and credible" the weblog is.

In the end, the citation stuck, as a footnote (number 39) in the backmasking article with two other sources to back it up.

And that was my giddy simple pleasure on a sunny Saturday. Giddy! My inner geek is coming out...

No comments: